In the volcanic wine region of La Geria on the Canary Island of Lanzarote, the British couple Richard and Tarnya run a rural boutique domain with four apartments. Finca Malvasia is an amazing oasis amidst a volcanic landscape with long green cacti, palm trees, colorful tropical flowers and a vineyard. A particularly peaceful place off the beaten path, yet a few steps away from restaurants, supermarkets, and the beach.
The four white cubes of volcanic stone are clustered around a lagoon-shaped (solar heated) pool. At the poolside, you find a spacious BBQ area with a large dining table. Settle in one of the lounge seats or chill out in the hammock. You can even order yoga classes that are held in a special yoga room in the peaceful garden. The design of Finca Malvasia is inspired by the style of the famous artist Cesar Manrique who has left an important (and beautiful) mark on the eye-catching architecture of the island of Lanzarote.
The apartments can accommodate 2-5 people and are all equally charming and funky. Each apartment has a living room with lounge area and kitchenette, one or two bedrooms and a private terrace. The comfortable beds are made up with luxury Egyptian cotton linens, while the bathrobes and thick towels guarantee a soothing wake up and get you ready for a freshly made cup of Nespresso coffee.
The prevalent white modern décor is decorated with vintage finds and finished with some colorful details. Handmade terracotta pots, vases full of bright pink bougainvillea and bathrooms in volcanic rock give to the apartments a special touch.
Start the day with a yoga class, a relaxing massage or treasure the spectacular nature from the hammock or the tropical pool. Build at least one time during your stay your own BBQ party with the best local meat accompanied by a bottle of Bermejo wine, your welcome gift.
Villa Malvasia is only seven kilometers away from Arrecife Airport and a ten minutes’ drive from the stunning six-kilometer-long sand beach.
All accommodations in our unique collection meet our high standards in quality, comfort, style and setting. We visit every place, meet the owners and explore the area, so we are sure that you will have a great holiday here!
Do you want to know more from Christa about Finca Malvasia? She is happy to advise you!
Our team has visited and inspected Finca Malvasia
Same prices as booking direct, no booking fees
Villa Malvasia is situated on the island of Lanzarote, one of the seven islands of the Canary archipelago, which is only 60 km long and 20 km wide. The domain is very quietly positioned in the middle of a breathtaking volcanic landscape, yet only five to ten minutes away from restaurants, supermarkets, and the beach.
Lanzarote has a spectacular and striking volcanic landscape, beautiful coastlines and a wonderfully warm climate all year round. In fact, visitors of Lanzarote can count on the best weather conditions of all the Canary Islands; a yearlong average of 23°C, only 16 days of rain fall per annum and a constant breeze.
This unique island was classified in 1993 as "World Biosphere Reserve” because of its unique volcanic landscapes and its abundance of nature and wildlife. Together with many long sand beaches, good food, iconic cultural elements and a pleasing laid-back atmosphere, Lanzarote is an upcoming and stylish holiday destination, ideal for the seasoned traveler.
There is so much to do and to discover. The owners Richard and Tarnya know the island and all its hidden secrets to the core. They can give you advice about the best cheese stall to go to at the local farmer’s market, the unrivaled hidden beaches, the most stunning island routes, and the best surf and picnic areas. They gladly share their knowledge of Lanzarote with you.
The most famous resident of Lanzarote, architect and artist Cesar Manrique, has put his aesthetic stamp on the island, embracing an architecture that has little impact on the environment. From the 70's, he not only realized magnificent residential and public buildings, but he also took care of general building regulations among others that not any construction could be higher than a palm tree.
Things to do:
- Relax on the fabulous sand beaches only a 10 minutes’ ride away
- Explore the natural beauty of the caves and the lava fields
- Visit the meditative cactus garden
- Take surf lessons; the island is famous for good surf spots
- Set off with a hiking guide to explore the moonscape of Timanfaya National Park
- Make a bike ride in the unusual desert landscape
- Tour along secret wine bodegas
- Saddle up for a horse ride
- Explore sea life underwater
- Play golf (there are two top-class golf courses nearby)
- Go camel riding, fun for the kids
- Head to the nearby playgrounds
Accommodation does not have any review yet.
Stay @ Finca Malvasia
All four apartments have:
- A beautiful lounge with TV and DVD player (one apartment has as well a log-burning stove)
- A kitchenette with two electric hotplates, microwave, table top fridge, toaster, blender, grill, and Nespresso machine
- Towels and bathrobes
- Comfortable beds made with 100% Egyptian cotton
- Private terrace with dining table, gated from the pool area
- Freestanding (portable) Weber BBQ on request available
- Sleeps four people with possibility to place an extra bed
- One double bedroom and one bedroom with two single beds
- Large bathroom with step-up bath (tub/shower) and indoor garden overlooking the vineyard
- Private terrace overlooking the pool and the Timanfaya mountains, a wonderful spot to watch the sunset
- Sleeps four people with possibility to place an e...